I need to update the annual student ministry waivers. If you could please fill this out if you have not done so already and submit it back to me by Sunday June 4th that would great! Thank you so much! Click here to download the waiver.
Secondly, we are trying to collect some local gift cards as a welcome gift for Caleb and Cassidy. If you are interested in helping out, you can drop off a gift card in the office (there is a specially marked box for them).
Also, if your student is going on the HS summer trip I need to get three things for you if you have not already turned them in:
- Pay your remaining balance of $25
- Turn in a copy of your insurance card
- Fill out the following online form: http://trips.nextstepministries.com/10154417/individual-participant-form/
Fourthly, if your student is interested in being a junior counselor at KampOut July 24-28th please click here for the application and turn in $20 to KampOut.
Below is the weekly update:
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE:
- Wednesday: No Conversations (5/31)
- Friday: First Fridays (6/2)
- When: June 2nd from 6:30-8:30pm
- Where: Ministry Center
- Who: High School & Middle School Students
- What: Games in the gym
- Sunday: High School & Middle School Sunday School (6/4)
- 9:45-10:45am on Sunday
- Sunday: Church Wide Picnic (6/4)
- Immediately following second service
- Sunday: NO High School Community Group (6/4)
- No community group due to the church wide picnic
NEXT WEEK’S SCHEDULE:
- Wednesday: Youth Group Summer Kickoff for Student Ministries (6/7)
- When: June 7th from 6pm – 8pm
- What: Slip n’ Slide Kickball
- Where: At the Church
- Who: High School and Middle School Ministries
- What to Bring:
- Wear clothes that can get wet or a swim suit (if wearing a swim suit, please no two pieces unless you wear a shirt over top).
- Sunday: High School & Middle School Sunday School (6/11)
- 9:45-10:45am on Sunday
- Sunday: High School Community Group (6/11)
- On Sunday we have High School Community Group from 4:00pm-5:30pm at the Morefield House (3706 NE 81st Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64119).
IMPORTANT REMINDERS & NEWS:
- High School Summer Service Trip:
- What: The High School is doing a Summer Service Trip helping and serving those who are in poverty in Joplin, MO.
- When: June 18-24th
- Remaining Balance Due: $25
- Middle School Mystery Trip:
- The Middle School Mystery trip will take place August 2-4th. Please save the date and put it on your calendars!
- Kanakuk KampOut
- KampOut is returning this year! If your middle school student is young enough to attend or if your high school student would like to serve as a Junior Counselor the dates of the camp are July 24-28th.
IN THE LOOP?
It is my desire to be a resource to you in any way that I can. I believe an important part of family ministry is my partnership with parents. I want to help keep you in the loop on not only what is going on, but also what is being taught. This will give you an opportunity to better engage with your students about what they are learning and how they are learning to apply God’s Word to their lives.
- High School Sunday School: We are currently in a series called: The Greatest Story Ever Told: A Journey from Genesis to Revelation. One of the goals of this series is to help students realize that the Bible is not a random and disjointed collection of stories, but rather from the beginning to the end it tells a single and unified story of God’s Gospel. This Winter we are starting Part VI of this study, God the Sustainer and God the Provider, which will cover Daniel, Ezra, Esther, Nehemiah, & Malachi. This week we will examine Jesus calling his first disciples in Matthew 4.
- Middle School Sunday School: The Middle School is going through the same series as the High School on Sunday Mornings: The Greatest Story Ever Told: A Journey from Genesis to Revelation. This Sunday the Middle School will take a look at Jesus and John the Baptist in John 3.
Assistant Pastor of Family Life