I hope you’ve had a good start to the week! Here are the latest updates for the week. Please be sure to check out the details for the High School Mission Trip Meeting this Friday!
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE:
The new schedule for Connect and Afterburners starts this week!
- High School Connect: High School Connect will take place at the church from 6:30-7:30pm on Wednesday, June 24th.
- High School Afterburner: High School Afterburner will be at the Clapham’s house from 7:30-9:00pm (4140 NE 63rd Terrace, Gladstone, MO 64119) after connect.
- Middle School Connect: Middle School Connect will take place at the church on SUNDAY, June 28th, from 6:30pm-7:30pm.
- Middle School Afterburner: The Middle School Afterburner will take place in the church ministry center (gym) immediately after connect on SUNDAY, June 28th, from 7:30-9:00pm for some fun games!
High School Mission Trip Meeting: This Friday at 6:30pm we will have a meeting for all of the high school students who are going on the mission trip. Please try to have your students make it if they can! We will meet at my house, which is right by the church. My address is 8536 N. Virginia Avenue, KC, MO 64155. We will go over some important details about the mission trip and also do some important prep work for the kid’s camp that part of our group will putting on. The meeting will go from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
NEXT WEEK’S SCHEDULE:
Connect and Afterburners:
- High School Connect: High School Connect will take place at the church from 6:30-7:30pm on Wednesday, July 1st.
- High School Afterburner: Parkville has a Fourth of July Festival that takes place Wednesday thru Saturday. So Wednesday night we will head to Parkville to enjoy this festival from 7:30pm-10pm. They have all kinds of vendors and carnival rides. So be sure to bring money if you want to do any of the rides or shop! I will have several leaders present so that if we split up during the night, each group can have a leader to make sure everyone is accounted for!
- Middle School Connect: Middle School Connect will take place at the church on Sunday, July 5th, from 6:30pm-7:30pm.
- Middle School Afterburner: The Middle School Afterburner will take place in the church ministry center (gym) immediately after connect on Sunday, July 5th, from 7:30-9:00pm for some fun games!
IMPORTANT REMINDERS & NEWS:
High School Mission Trip: The High School Mission Trip is almost here! July 6th through the 10th. Please be praying for this trip! Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns!
Middle School Mystery Trip: The Third Annual Middle School Mystery Trip is August 5th-8th. The cost for the trip is $85 and is due by July 19. Where are we going? It’s a mystery to me! Don’t miss out on the fun! Sign up on the Middle School room door or send me an email at Michael@gashland.org
In the Loop? I believe an important part of family ministry is my partnership with parents. I want to help keep you in the loop on not only what is going on, but also what is being taught. This will give you an opportunity to better engage with your students about what they are learning and how they are learning to apply God’s Word to their lives.
Starting this week in Connect I will be starting a new ten week series called “The Weird, The Wicked, and the Wondrous: Lesser Known Old Testament Stories.” Both the High School and Middle School will be going through this series. However, the content and lesson will be customized to each age group as the High School meets on Wednesday nights and the Middle School meets on Sunday nights for Connect.
There are some strange and cryptic stories in the Bible. Have you ever wondered what these stories mean and why God included them in the Bible? This series will examine ten Bible stories that often do not receive a lot of attention because of their weird, wicked, or wondrous nature.
The goal of this series is to engage students with intriguing stories that are included in Scripture and to help them see that all of the Bible is God’s inspired Word and is useful for teaching, reproof, correction, and training in righteous. This series will help students critically think about the meaning of these stories, how they fit into the larger story of redemption, and how even these strange stories can help us grow in our walk with the Lord.
Often times, it is easier to steer away from teaching about the hard things in the Bible. However, it is my goal that students will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to engage all of their Bible. I do not want students to bypass sections of scripture just because it is difficult or hard to understand. Instead it is my hope that they will wrestle with God’s Word and learn to love and appreciate all of it.
This summer series will include the following stories: Elisha and the bears, Jephthah’s vow, the floating axe head, Eglon and Ehud, the stoning of Achan, the talking donkey, Jael and Sisera, Elijah calling fire down on the soldiers, the earth swallowing Korah and company, and Ezekiel’s strange way of baking bread.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to call or email me!